We are collating useful information from across the education sector and global public health to support the profession. We will look to keep this updated as information changes.
OUR STATEMENT FROM PROFESSOR DAME ALISON PEACOCK, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OF THE CHARTERED COLLEGE OF TEACHING:
These are challenging times for our profession. We believe our teachers should be lauded now more than ever, for their ongoing dedication to the education of children and young people, and for providing a calm presence during an anxious, uncertain time. The whole Chartered College of Teaching team will continue to celebrate the professionalism and expertise of our teachers. Our profession is strongest when it works together and we will play our role to make sure that we support collegiality and collaboration across the education sector. We are keen to ensure that clear guidance is provided to protect all teachers and pupils.
Department for Education coronavirus helpline:
This helpline is available to answer questions relating to education. It is available to staff, parents and young people.
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday), 10am to 4pm (Saturday to Sunday)
LIVE NEWS UPDATES
- Cambridge University to offer short online courses for professionals
- Universities keeping lectures online into autumn term
- School protests force U-turn after sick pupil banned from wearing cap
- Covid-19: GCSE, AS and A-levels in NI to resume in 2021/22
- Covid Indian variant: Pupils keep face masks in parts of North West
MENTAL HEALTH AND WELLBEING UPDATES
- BBC Bitesize daily lessons
- Oak National Academy online classroom
- UK Parliament learning resources
- Applying past leadership lessons to the coronavirus pandemic
- Collected online learning resources [EdTech Impact]
- Free COVID-19 school community resources [TheSchoolBus]
- Advice on Safe Remote Learning [UK Safer Internet Centre]
- Remote learning: why hasn’t it worked before and what can we do to change that?
- Advice on Safe Remote Learning amidst Coronavirus
- Safe remote learning
- Firefly Learning - FREE online access
- COVID-19 and Safeguarding
- FREE Online Textbooks - Cambridge Core
- Literacy Resources - Driver Youth Trust
- How to use PowerPoint screen recorder
- Home learning resources and links - Padlet
- CPD at home
- Setting work for a long-haul shut-down
- Learning in the time of coronavirus: planning distance schooling
- 5 habits of an effective learner - Revision and assessment support
- Cambridge Assessment makes Resource Plus free of charge to all schools
- Estonia offers its digital education solutions for FREE to support other countries
REMOTE LEARNING SUPPORT
With schools in the UK and beyond closing at short notice because of COVID-19, teachers and school leaders are faced with a huge number of challenges in trying to support pupils whilst also ensuring their own health and wellbeing and that of colleagues.
You’ll find a range of resources to support you during this time as well as the opportunity to support colleagues yourselves.