Professional Knowledge Award
Professional Knowledge Award
Do you want to be recognised for your Professional Knowledge?
The Professional Knowledge Award provides access to our three Chartered Teacher examinations. These examinations have been designed for you to demonstrate your professional knowledge across a range of areas, including; teaching, learning, curriculum and assessment.
The Professional Knowledge Award is the perfect stepping stone on from our Certificate in Evidence-Informed Practice.
Within the Professional Knowledge Award you will undertake three examinations;
– Multiple Choice Questionnaire Examination (MCQ) which assesses knowledge of evidence-informed teaching, learning, curriculum and assessment.
– Objective Structured Teaching Exercise (OSTE), which is a scenario-based examination, designed to assess knowledge of formative assessment.
– Written Examination, which is designed to assess knowledge of effective teaching and learning strategies within the context of your subject, phase or specialism.
Candidates will be supported by a short online course ‘Principles of Assessment’, reading lists, and practice examinations so individuals can familiarise with the examination style and format.
– Enhance your understanding of principles of assessment
– Demonstrate your knowledge of formative assessment and effective teaching and learning strategies.
– Gain professional recognition and credits towards Chartered Teacher Status
Duration of Study: 3-12 months
Award: Professional Knowledge Award (and 30 credits towards Chartered Teacher Status)
Eligibility: To take part you will need to be a member of the Chartered College of Teaching. You can become a member from as little as £1.96 / month.
Candidates will need to have a good understanding of evidence-informed practice in order to successfully complete the examinations, so we typically recommend that they complete the Certificate in Evidence-Informed Practice prior to taking the exams.
How do I sign up?
You can purchase the assessment unit by visiting our online shop on MyCollege. Please note you will require active membership of the Chartered College of Teaching to be able to purchase this assessment unit.
From January 2022, teachers and school leaders will no longer need to be enrolled on a full course run by the Chartered College of Teaching in order to work towards Chartered Status. Teachers will be able to gain credits and work towards Chartered Status more flexibly over time, including alongside or as part of other professional development or qualifications they may already be undertaking.
The Chartered College of Teaching is looking for Learning Partners (schools, MATs, Teaching School Hubs and CPD providers) who are interested in supporting teachers and school leaders on their journey to Chartered Status. This might be through aligning or adapting existing CPD courses to Chartered Status requirements, or through new courses.
Please do not hesitate to get in contact with any queries about our course on firstname.lastname@example.org