The Chartered College of Teaching
Group Membership terms and conditions (Version 1)
Note: These terms and conditions for Group Membership is a live document, under continuous review. Please always check the Chartered College of Teaching website for the latest version.
1) The Chartered College of Teaching (‘the College’) Group Membership Scheme (‘the Scheme’) is a scheme whereby institutions are enabled to pay the membership subscriptions on behalf of members of their staff to enable those members of staff to become or remain members of the College in the appropriate grade of membership. The Scheme does not confer any form of membership on the institution, and the relationship between the institution and the College is subject solely to the terms and conditions of the Scheme, which are set out in this document.
2) The Scheme is open to any institution (‘the School’) which supports the aims and objectives of the College and wishes to pay for the appropriate membership of the College on behalf of more than five (5) members of their staff.
3) Each subscription paid entitles a member of staff nominated by the School to apply that subscription to their membership of the College in lieu of paying the full membership subscription directly. The relationship between the member and the College is governed by the Charter, Bye-laws and Regulations of the College in the same way as if the membership subscription had been paid directly.
4) In order for the subscription paid to be applied to an individual member of staff’s membership of the College, the member must themselves complete the required formalities to become or remain a member.
5) All subscriptions paid under the Scheme are non-refundable including, but not limited to, the circumstances outlined below:
- If for any reason a staff member has chosen not to apply the subscription for the full term of one year;
- If for any reason a staff member has left the School which has paid the membership subscription on their behalf;
- The subscriptions paid under the Scheme have not been applied by staff members to membership of the College.
6) The College retains discretion in the application of the terms set out above. Refunds are only available in exceptional circumstances.
7) A school’s staff members can only apply subscriptions where the School has paid the subscriptions due under the Scheme. Requests for invoices can only be processed with a valid purchase order and are subject to prior approval. To pay via invoice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have this processed. All invoices must be paid within thirty (30) working days from the date that the invoice was received. Members of staff will not be able to apply the subscription under the Scheme to their membership until the College has received payment.
8) All subscriptions paid under the Scheme will be subject to a time limit and must be applied to membership by a staff member within 3 (three) calendar months from the date of payment. Failure to apply a subscription under the scheme during this time period will not result in a refund. The College accepts no liability for any loss resulting from the failure of staff members to apply subscriptions under the Scheme to their membership.
9) Subscriptions which have not been applied to membership of the College within the time limit stated in condition 8 above, will not be redeemable nor can be used to renew existing memberships unless otherwise stated by the College in writing in exceptional circumstances.
10) The Chartered College of Teaching requires the information set out below for the purpose of recording and managing memberships. The use of this information is set out in the College’s data protection policy.
11) The information required is:
- personal details, namely the teacher’s full name, email and other details required to join the College or renew membership; and
- contact details of the school for the purpose of renewals under the Scheme.
12) These terms and conditions are governed by English law and, by accepting them, the School irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
13) If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these conditions are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the provision in question will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms and conditions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
14) These conditions may be altered and varied from time to time by the College, as it may, in its discretion deem fit.
Version 1: Approved by the Chair of the Constitutional Committee (30th August 2018) with delegated authority from the Constitutional Committee (4th September 2018).