BECOME A CHARTERED TEACHER
BECOME A CHARTERED TEACHER
The Chartered Teacher Programme is a 15-month teacher certification programme. The Programme is aligned with to the Chartered College of Teaching's aims to raise the status of the profession and support teachers to acquire the expertise necessary to maintain excellence in teaching and secure the best outcomes for children and young people.
Successful completion of the programme confers participants Chartered Teacher Status, which recognises the knowledge, skills and behaviours of excellent teachers, highlights the importance of their expertise in supporting the learning of children and young people. Our Chartered Teacher programme is aimed at those who wish to undertake a programme targeting development of a career pathway focused on effective classroom practice, not leadership.
If you are a school leader interested in gaining Chartered Teacher Status through our Leadership pathway, please view information about our Excellence in Leadership programme.
Applications: Closed (external providers still accepting applications)
Duration: 15 months
Qualification: Chartered Teacher Status (CTeach)
Eligibility: at least 3 years’ teaching experience; A current full members of the Chartered College (initial application may be made without membership, but if successful, membership will be required before starting the programme); A practising teacher working with pupils up to 19 years of age.
Training: three face-to-face events, access to two online courses and a range of reading lists and expert webinars.
The Chartered Teacher Programme is formed of three phases, each with a number of assessments within them. Across these three phases, participants will develop their understanding of the three domains of the Professional Principles: Professional Behaviours, Professional Knowledge and Professional Practice. The final phase of the programme is focused on drawing together the learning from the programme in a research-based improvement project.
If you are a Headteacher or member of SLT you may wish to nominate one or more teachers in your setting to benefit from the Chartered Teacher Programme. Register your interest for our 2021 cohort below:
Cost: £895 per application, payment available in installments for self-funding teachers is possible. Payment possible through schools.
Contact the CTeach team for any immediate queries about our programme at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Membership of the British Educational Researchers Association (BERA) for the duration of the programme
– Access to IRIS Connect for the duration of the programme
– Four face-to-face events, including an awards event
– Workshops, training, reading lists and supporting materials including a variety of online resources, expert webinars and online courses ‘education research that matters’ and ‘assessment principles’
– Paired with an experienced mentor
– Support to lead a research-based improvement project
– An interview with an expert in the field of their research-based improvement project
– An online platform to facilitate collaboration with other participants