Be recognised: Apply for Fellowship (FCCT) to celebrate your achievements and commitment to the teaching profession. You will need to be nominated by a colleague with a minimum of 10 years experience in teaching.
We want to recognise the commitment and achievements of the teaching profession. Fellowship (FCCT) of the Chartered College of Teaching is an accolade held by some of the most committed teachers and leaders who have shown a significant and sustained contribution to the teaching profession and their own professional development. As the highest and most prestigious category of membership at the Chartered College, it is a mark of your achievements, skills and expertise as a teaching professional. Additionally, it is a formal recognition and celebration of your ongoing contribution to the profession, and comes with a range of benefits. As a Fellow, you will be encouraged to support members and other teachers to engage with and promote the use of evidence.
To join this eminent group of Fellows, you will need to meet the eligibility criteria and be peer-nominated by a Member or someone eligible for membership as a full Member or as a Professional Affiliate, and who has at least ten years’ experience teaching 0-19 year olds. Once they have completed the nomination form you will be sent a link to the application form.
Some of the features and benefits of joining the Fellowship include:
- Invitation to an annual Fellowship event
- Use of the distinguished post-nominals, FCCT
- Special 55% discount on BERA membership (£50 annually instead of £110)
- Potential to represent the profession and shape the direction of the Chartered College by standing for the Council of the Chartered College, with 11 positions exclusively for Founding Fellows, including the positions of President and Vice-Presidents
- Invitations to Fellows-only roundtables and APPG (all-party-parliamentary group) for the Teaching profession in Westminster, giving the opportunity to influence and engage with education policy by joining themed discussions and have your voice heard by those making decisions/recommendations at a system level
- Membership of an online community and network of Founding Fellows across the country, allowing you to learn and connect with esteemed Founding Fellows
- Termly research webinars from prominent leaders in the education system
Upon acceptance as a Fellow:
- Those not previously members of the Chartered College pay the annual £85 Fellowship subscription fee in full.
- Existing members of the Chartered College who have already paid the membership fee of £45 will pay a calculated pro-rata sum to top-up their current year’s subscription fee to the Fellowship rate.
Key dates for 2019-20
There are four assessment cycles throughout the year, the dates of which can be found below; however, you can apply at any time. Once your application has been submitted it will be reviewed by the assessors whose decision will be confirmed and ratified by the Chartered College of Teaching’s membership committee following the application dates below:
May 29th 2019
August 30th 2019
18th November 2019
18th February 2020
Please note, we aim to formally admit Fellows, 30 days from the dates above.
Application guidance can be found here: