Be recognised: Get nominated and apply for Founding Fellowship to celebrate your achievements and commitment to the teaching profession.
We want to recognise the commitment and achievements of the teaching profession. Founding Fellowship (FCCT) of the Chartered College of Teaching is an accolade held by some of the most committed teachers and leaders who have shown a significant and sustained contribution to the teaching profession and their own professional development. As the highest and most prestigious category of membership at the Chartered College, it is a mark of your achievements, skills and expertise as a teaching professional. Additionally, it is a formal recognition and celebration of your ongoing contribution to the profession, and comes with a range of benefits. As a Founding Fellow, you will be encouraged to support members and other teachers to engage with and promote the use of evidence.
To join this eminent group of Founding Fellows, you will need to meet the eligibility criteria and be peer-nominated by a Member or someone eligible for membership as a full Member or as a Professional Affiliate, and who has at least ten years’ experience teaching 0-19 year olds. Once they have completed the nomination form you will be sent a link to the application form.
Some of the benefits of joining the Fellowship include:
- Invitation to an annual Fellowship event
- Special 55% discount on BERA membership (£50 annually instead of £110)
- Potential to represent the profession and shape the direction of the Chartered College by standing for the Council of the Chartered College, with 11 positions exclusively for Founding Fellows, including the positions of President and Vice-Presidents
- Invitations to Fellows-only roundtables, giving the opportunity to influence and engage with education policy by joining themed discussions and have your voice heard by those making decisions / recommendations at system level
- Membership of an online community and network of Founding Fellows across the country, allowing you to learn and connect with esteemed Founding Fellows
- Termly Fellowship digest, featuring the latest thinking from educational research
- Termly research webinars from prominent leaders in the education system
Upon acceptance as a Founding Fellow:
- Those not previously members of the Chartered College pay the annual £85 Fellowship subscription fee in full.
- Existing members of the Chartered College who have already paid the membership fee of £45 will pay a calculated pro-rata sum to top-up their current year’s subscription fee to the Fellowship rate.
Key dates for 2018-19
There are three assessment cycles throughout the year, the dates of which can be found below; however, you can apply at any time. Once your application has been submitted it will be reviewed by the assessors whose decision will be confirmed and ratified by the Chartered College of Teaching’s membership committee following the application dates below:
Applications due May 21st
Applications due September 10th 2018
Applications due January 6th 2019