- This event has passed.
Reduce your workload
December 18, 2017 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
The government’s workload challenge established that 80% of teachers say their workload is unmanageable. Three broad aspects of teachers’ daily roles were considered by a working party consisting of a wide range of stakeholders including Ofsted. These aspects were:
- use of data and data management
- planning and teaching resources
This seminar will look at the main recommendations made to teachers in the reports and consider strategies that will help you to achieve a better work-life balance whilst still fulfilling the requirements of your role. At this event, you will explore:
- recommendations made by the working parties about how to reduce your workload within data management, planning and making teaching resources
- what constitutes effective feedback to pupils
- what OFSTED do, and do not expect
- a variety of effective strategies looking broadly at feedback to pupils including marking
- strategies used by other colleagues from different schools
- changes you can make to your practice that will reduce your workload.
Meet the facilitator: Paul Longden has been the Headteacher of three schools in different Local Authorities and has significant experience of school improvement. He is a serving inspector and now an independent consultant providing support to schools, MATs and Local Authorities. Paul specialises in providing training on all aspects of school self-evaluation; data analysis, pupil premium and middle and subject leadership.
Spaces at this event are limited and cost £45 for Chartered College members (£65 for non-members).
Please email Alison Halford for more information and to book your place.