- This event has passed.
What makes great assessment? A free webinar
November 8, 2018 @ 3:45 pm - 5:45 pm
What makes great assessment? A free 2hr webinar from Dr. Stuart Kime of Evidence Based Education.
In this webinar, Evidence Based Education’s Director of Education, Stuart Kime, will talk about the importance of assessment to students’ learning, the components of effective assessment, and offer a practical overview of how to improve the quality of assessment in school. The webinar will address the following:
- What is great assessment?
- Assessment and teacher workload
- The pillars of great assessment: purpose, validity, reliability, value
- Design and critique of multiple choice questions – a practical, subject relevant activity linked to curriculum aims
- Assessment for, of and as learning
The workshop will draw on the best available international research on assessment and teacher learning, as well as the practical experience Stuart has as a former teacher, researcher and teacher educator. Participants will learn about robust assessment practices and be given suggestions for further reading and investigation.