8: How to apply
In order to apply to be part of the programme, you will need to complete the application form on our website. You will be asked to share some details about your current role and experience, provide the details of a referee who we will contact, and respond to the following essay question:
Please write a piece of critical analysis that evaluates the impact that a change that you made to your teaching practice had on the children and/or young people that you teach. This should be focused explicitly on a change to your teaching practice and not a change that you may have led across your team/school.
You should include responses to the following questions in your answer:
- How did you ascertain which area of your practice you needed to improve?
- What did you do in order to improve it?
- How did you decide what change you should make?
- How did you plan to evaluate the effectiveness of the change?
- What impact did it have on outcomes of children and young people
- How do you know what impact it had?
Ready to apply?
If you are a teacher who would like to apply for a place on the programme, you can apply here.
If you are a school leader who would like to nominate one or more teachers in your school to participate in the programme, you can nominate them here.
The programme begins in April 2019, with some pre-reading required, and lasts for 14 months, finishing in June 2020.