4: Fees and eligibility
The cost of undertaking the programme is £850.
We are committed to offering affordable solutions for teachers who want to participate in the programme and we understand that the total cost of the programme may be difficult for individual teachers to pay in full. Therefore, it is possible to pay in instalments, as follows:
• £100 registration fee when accepted onto the programme (January 2019)
• £50 a month for the following 15 months (February 2019- April 2020).
When a school is paying on behalf of a teacher, we ask that schools pay the fee in full in January 2019.
Expectations during and after the programme
During the programme, we ask that participants:
• Commit to attending all events and completing all assessments to the deadlines specified
• Record videos of their teaching and share these, along with other materials, with other participants in order to collaboratively improve practice
• Contribute sufficient time to the completion of this programme, including: Attending events; submitting online assessments; attending mentoring visits; collaborating online with other participants; undertaking professional development where required; undertaking a school improvement project, etc.
• Engage in an ongoing process of giving feedback to the Chartered College in order to support development of the Chartered Teacher programme.
Once you have successfully completed the programme, we ask that you:
• Attend an accreditation event at least once every three years in order to demonstrate that you are still meeting the requirements of a Chartered Teacher
• Provide ongoing evidence of continuing professional development
• Provide ongoing evidence of how you are continuing to support the profession
• Contribute to the continued success of the programme by supporting those who are undertaking the programme (e.g. through mentoring, assessing or contributing to programme design).
Teachers interested in participating in the programme will need to meet the following criteria:
• A minimum of three years’ experience as a teacher
• A current full member of the Chartered College (initial application may be made without membership, but if successful, membership will be required before starting the programme)
• A practising teacher working with pupils up to 19 years of age.
In addition, in order to ensure that you are able to get the most of out of the programme, we ask that you agree to fulfil the expectations outlined above. You will need to have support from your headteacher or relevant member of SLT to apply and they will be asked to complete a reference at the beginning and end of the programme.