Teaching is a lifelong career: a member's journey
We consider membership of the Chartered College of Teaching as a journey throughout a teacher’s professional career. As members move to their next category of membership, they will enjoy additional benefits and acquire a deeper understanding of evidence-informed practice within their speciality.
Teachers are working in the most effective, informed way to provide the best possible education for children and young people now, and in the future.
We will improve the quality of education for children and young people by supporting teachers, championing great teaching and raising the status of the profession. To achieve this, we will:
- Be the connection to the wider profession
- Be the voice of the profession
- Be the conduit to a more evidence-informed profession
- Provide access to professional knowledge and intellectual challenge
- Focus on teaching and learning
- Offer accreditation and pathways