We have collated some articles and resources that may be beneficial for teachers in talking to students about the recent earthquakes in Türkiye and Syria, and any feelings they have relating to this.
Please note, the Chartered College is not responsible for the content on the following three sites.
– Talking to kids about natural disasters – National Geographic
– Explore earthquakes – BBC Bitesize
– Lesson Plan: The Devastating Earthquake in Turkey and Syria – The New York Times
We have also put together some of our own resources that will help to address any concerns that arise relating to pupil mental health.
– Supporting pupil mental health: Trauma
– Webinar: Bereavement – Pedagogy in practice
– Supporting pupil mental health: Anxiety
– Webinar: Supporting bereaved children
– Supporting wellbeing through the arts
– Education in Times of Crisis – Chapter 2 of our first report explores evidence on natural disasters and their potential impact on students.
Winston’s Wish also provides resources for schools supporting grieving students.