WRITE FOR IMPACT ISSUE 7 – ARTS, LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE, CREATIVITY AND CULTURAL EDUCATION
Arts, language and literature, creativity and cultural education
For the next issue of Impact, publishing in the autumn term 2019, we are seeking papers focusing on aspects of arts, language and literature, creativity and cultural education. Topics can include, but are not limited to:
- The place of arts, creativity and cultural education in the curriculum, including in special schools, EYFS and FE
- Arts subjects – principles, theories, approaches
- Creativity and the arts across the curriculum – i.e. in relation to English, mathematics and other subject areas
- Pedagogy and assessment in relation to the arts and creativity
- The role of arts and creativity in spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development, and behaviour management
- Links between the science of learning and arts, creativity and cultural education
- CPD in arts and cultural education
Article types include:
- Research: Summaries of current, original research (including practitioner research) with their implications for pedagogy
- Perspectives: Pieces offering a clear, balanced, research-informed review or critique of a particular topic within the issue theme
- Case studies
- Reflections: Teachers discussing a specific piece of research and how it has informed their practice.
We encourage submissions across the full range of settings and phases. We are also happy to receive submissions for areas of particular interest to teachers outside of these topics for consideration either in the print or online edition of Impact.
If you wish to submit to this issue please send your proposed title and 150-250 word abstract, specifying which article type you intend to write, using this form.
Please note the following deadlines for submissions:
Abstract submissions deadline: 8th May
Notifications of accepted proposals sent to authors: 17th May
Full drafts submitted: 17th June
If you do not hear from us by 17th May, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are from a commercial organisation, please contact the publishing team prior to submitting.